Field Data Collection Service Owner
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Field Data Collection Service Owner - ( 230004JS )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is seeking a Technology Service Leader to oversee the development and management of a Field Data Collection platform for the Environmental Services BOU. This role will report to the Data Practice Lead and will oversee a team of technical people to support the platform for use by field and project staff across North America. The Field Data Collection platform will deliver end-to-end data collection, automated dashboards & reports, and integration with various data management systems. The Technology Service Leader will liaise between Stantec’s Digital Innovation and Technology team, the IT organization and various business units, coordinating the business needs, expectations, and delivery of the Field Data Collection service. Responsibilities include defining & prioritizing business requirements, the design and development of new or improved services, and scheduling and communicating releases. The service Leader will collect and analyze data and information related to the service portfolio, providing insights and recommendations to an executive governance committee. The technology platform will include technologies consisting of ESRI ArcGIS, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Azure technologies.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried position, and Stantec offers competitive pay, a diverse benefit package (i.e., health/dental/vision/life/pet insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, employee stock option plan, vacation and sick leave, tuition assistance) and a robust internal training and mentoring platform to help you chart your own career trajectory. At Stantec, our company philosophies are We put people first, we do what is right, we are better together, and We are driven to succeed. Opportunities are limitless within our global company of more than 28,000 staff associated with over 400 office locations across six continents.
Ultimately, you’ll manage a service that delivers our Environmental Services data strategy to over 1,000 people.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of technical resources to manage the service
- Align the service to the ES data strategy
- Define a roadmap for the service
- Provide quarterly reports to the Governance Committee comprised of Environmental Services Business Leaders
- Collaborate with Stantec project staff to understand and anticipate needs and translate them into product requirements
- Incorporate feature requests into a prioritized roadmap and backlog
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the service and ensure availability and performance
- Manage and forecast annual budgets
- Report on cost-to-cost recovery status
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Work experience as a Product Owner, Service Owner, leader of a technology service, or similar role in product management
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of Environmental Services in the AEC industry, software development, data management and web technologies
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage staff outside of the US/Canada preferred
- Budget management and reporting preferred
- Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Background in SQL, GIS, and/or Azure technologies a plus
- Personal integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality of company and client information
Education and Experience
Four or more years of experience in managing technologies
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1557 EnvSvcs-CA Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 13, 2023, 2:55:06 PM
Req ID: 230004JS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans