City : Milton, ON
Category : Full time Design Engineering
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) Designer, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, including SpatialNET, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
You are capable of planning, designing and detail engineering in SpatialNET for the deployment of FTTH networks across Ontario for various types of projects consisting of Single-Family Unit - SFU / Multi Dwelling Units - MDU, commercial or industrial.
Apply Now! Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Milton, ON today!
- Expert level understanding of detailed layout and design of PON (GPON / FTTH) networks utilizing various programs while incorporating safety into all aspects of design using SpatialNET.
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs) within SpatialNET and can extract record from it as well.
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures.
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes for requested projects.
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues.
- Perform quality control and can effectively monitor plans for constructability review.
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties.
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained.
- Guide, mentor, and quality check work of junior designers.
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS, and/or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SpatialNet is mandatory for this role. Any work done in SpatialNET for OSP, ISP, Greenfield, MDU, Business is a prerequisite.
- 3-5 years of experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design supporting a large national Telecom provider, to create fiber related OSP design.
- Strong MS Office skills, along with experience in AutoCAD is required. Having knowledge of GIS would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs.
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.