Fee Based Operations, Administrative Support (12-Month Contract) – Toronto
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5J2M4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175824
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Working under the direction of the Manager, Fee Based Operations, in full collaboration with colleagues from Scotiabank’s Wealth Management business lines, the successful candidate is a client-focused, results-oriented individual who has proven abilities as a fee-based product specialist.
The incumbent contributes to the successful day-to-day operations of ScotiaMcLeod’s broad suite of Fee Based and Managed Assets Programs. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and managing relationships with ScotiaMcLeod’s internal and external partners and service providers to support and provide value to the business. Being able to clearly communicate, simplify complex issues, creatively problem solve, resourcefully overcome obstacles, and nimbly manage priorities across several initiatives concurrently are keys to success for the incumbent. All responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Scotiabank Wealth Management’s values and guiding principles and in adherence to the Scotiabank Code of Conduct & Privacy principles.
- Provide comprehensive support to ScotiaMcLeod Advisors and teams by delivering training and guidance to Advisor teams on all Fee Based program features, policies, and system processes. Proactively enhancing the onboarding process for experienced Advisor teams from a fee-based system perspective.
- Performs day-to-day activities related to Fee Based Asset Programs by ensuring that all administrative tools (applications, WealthNet, etc.) are kept current. Assist Advisor Teams with support when they are inputting Fee Schedules to ensure they are accurate in Fee Calculator prior to calendar quarter-end.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the Fee Based Program, Products & Services team by building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines. Maintain a high level of customer service by facilitating a culture of open and honest communication. Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Customer focused, providing a superior client experience for all clients and Advisors
- Strong developed multi-tasking skills are essential, exceptional time/priority management, detail oriented
- Individually motivated, strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and produce deliverables at reflect high standards
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise system technologies (e.g. web-based, mainframe, AS/400, relational databases); experience with Broadridge, PureFacts, Salesforce, Fee Calculator, Charles River, or other securities brokerage applications would be an asset.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Preference given to candidates with strong knowledge and experience within retail wealth management (particularly full-service advisory and/or self-directed investing)
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.