City : Glammis
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Successful incumbent will supervise the daily operations of a poultry farm by assuring quality and production objectives are achieved within budget controls. Manage programs and processes in compliance with Animal Welfare, Health and Safety and Biosecurity industry standards
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- assuring adherence to all breeder and Animal Welfare programs
- employee management and administration including training and discipline
- ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- maintaining established production levels of 30,000 - 100,000 broiler/breeders
- ensuring that all company rules, regulations and policies are adhered to
- responsible for development and management of fiscal budgets for location
- scheduling of hourly employees
- create, update and follow company SOP’s
- input daily SAP production data
- participation in development of maintenance program; responsible for capital projects and pricing of equipment
- ensures machinery and equipment are safe, hourly employees are trained and qualified on machinery prior to working on machinery and equipment.
- maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations, Company safety rules, GMP’s and CHEQ including documentation
What You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all CHEQ/Biosecurity/Animal Welfare procedures
- Previous farm experience required; some poultry breeder experience considered an asset
- Leadership experience required
- Proven ability in current position
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to work in a regulated industry
- Reliable transportation – must have a valid driver’s license
- Solid continuous learning attitude demonstrated by an embrace of change and innovation
- Mechanical ability an asset
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be on call
- Able to work independently
- Must live within 25 kilometers of the farm
- Completion of 3 or 4 year College program preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, process based, leadership in a supply managed environment
- Solid continuous learning attitude demonstrated by an embrace of change and innovation.
- Good working knowledge of MS Productivity Tools – Word, Excel
- Highly motivated and able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Good writing skills
- Farm operations experience
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.