Farm Supervisor or Assistant Manager
City : Amherst
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
FARM SUPERVISOR OR ASSISTANT MANAGER
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island; Lethbridge, Alberta; and Jamestown, North Dakota and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Seed Operations Manager, the Farm Supervisor will assist in the overseeing and management of growing superior quality seed potatoes to multiple for French fry processing. This includes directing daily activities such as planting, growing, harvesting, and storing potatoes. The successful candidate will be a safety minded, self-starter with a strong work ethic, a “Can Do” attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment. A comprehensive benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
Terms of Employment – This is a permanent full-time position in Chapman Settlement, Nova Scotia working 45 hours per week. Additional hours will be required during planting and harvesting, depending on weather and business needs.
- 2 years of supervisory experience. Candidates with additional experience may be considered for an Assistant Manager role.
- Ability to communicate and delegate effectively
- Detailed and able to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of workers
- Proficiency with computers and using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work extended hours around planting and harvesting
- Experience operating farm machinery relating to the planting and harvest of potato or similar crops would be considered an asset
- Valid pesticide license would be considered an asset
- Ensure farm safety policies and procedures are followed and help drive the Safety Program
- Develop work and planning schedules
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the farm employees including operators, truck drivers and labourers
- Operate farm equipment as required
- Assist Seed Operations Manager with agronomic decisions
- Regularly inspect the crop
- Maintain quality control and production records as well as performance metrics
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
For further details, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Address – 1030 Greeno Road, Chapman Settlement, Nova Scotia
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. #LI-KR1