Fall 2023 – Finance Co-op
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Please apply to the role by June 2, 2023
4 Month Co-op
September 11, 2023 – December 15, 2023
Location: 500 Lakeshore Blvd West, Toronto
We have adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 3 days a week, while spending the other 2 days in the office.
Why This Role is Important:
In this co-op position, you will be able to have hands-on experience of a full cycle of regulatory reporting process for the bank. You will also work cross functionally to support other functions within Finance such as Accounting and FP&A. This is an opportunity to learn big picture of PC Bank business by working with the bank’s various financial reports and make connections to the bank’s business strategies, products, and funding operations.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly regulatory reports submitted to OSFI
- Support Finance initiatives to improve efficiencies over the accounting and reconciliation of PC Services
- Assist with financial models and perform variance analysis over the results and KPIs
- Assist in preparation of recurring monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the annual external audit process
- Ad-hoc requests, reports & analyses as required
What You Bring:
- Major in Accounting / Finance with previous finance related experience would be considered as strong asset
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Applications, most notably Excel (Pivots, Lookups, macros, VBA, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Positive demeanor – excited to learn and support in improving our processes
- Organized and excellent time management skills
- Team player with strong social skills
- Demonstrated ability to be analytical and detail-oriented
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:1
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.