Fall 2023 Co-Op – Development Engineer – Infrastructure, DevOps, and Core Services
City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Interns, Students & Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
The successful applicant with a background in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering will apply their skills to core applications, services and infrastructure provided by the Development Engine to the internal R&D community with the scope of improving the designer experience and improving overall product quality.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to cross functional teams representing DevOps and Infrastructure and Tools teams. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute in any of the following areas: Private Cloud Infrastructure, Data Science Applications, Core Microservices, CI/CD Pipelines.
- Leverage the latest Open Source technologies to solve challenging problems
- Create visualizations, dashboards, and alerts to provide insight into Development Engine Operations
- Contribute to applications, systems and services provided by the development engine to the internal design community.
- Work closely with leads in cross functional teams and identify improvement opportunities
- Design, document, implement and test application, systems and services
- Create excellent documentation and system diagrams
- Student or working towards a BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Experience with Python, Java, or any current programming language
- Experience interacting with databases and REST microservices
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Previous experience or comfort navigating a Linux based environment
- Metrics and Visualization Stacks ( ELK, OpenSearch )
- Experience or knowledge work/activity tracking tools
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.