Faculty of Arts, Psychology Lab Student Assistant
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2354-Psychology
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
The assistant will manage the lab space and support students during open lab times.
- Oversee the use of the lab by students
- Helping students operate lab equipment
- Set up of lab equipment
- Making experimental equipment upon request
- Directing students to instructional material and computer software resources as required
- Keeping labs clean and tidy
- Recording and maintaining lab assignment and usage records
- Post the hours when the students will have access to the lab for practice and completion of assignments, and will be in attendance at those hours
- To ensure that all students have left, equipment is properly shut off, and the lab is properly closed at the end of the assigned period
- Answering emails regarding lab inquiries from students
- Assisting lab instructors to revise lab activities such as organizing references
- Posting department news and student club activities on the department social media accounts
- Report any problems occurring during their stewardship to Security, IT, and/or the Department Assistant as appropriate.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other students, faculty and university employees
- Good inter-personal skills
- Well organized and dependable
- Completion of PSYC 1100, PSYC 1200 and PSYC 2300 will be an asset.
This position is reserved for KPU Students only
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.