Faculty of Arts Models
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2391-Visual Arts - Drawing And Painting
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
This role reports to Department Assistant.
The Faculty of Arts models provide students with references to study and improve their abilities to observe, analyze, and represent human form. Models will appear draped and undraped in a secure environment.
- Pose nude and/or in appropriate clothing as required
- Ability to hold a single pose for a minimum of 20 minutes
- Take direction and communicate with instructors about the viability and effectiveness of each pose (long and stable or short and dynamic poses)
- Between 3 – 5 hours per session
- Sessions are held during weekdays, evenings, and/or Saturdays - times varied
- Ability to travel to one or more KPU campuses – Richmond and/or Surrey
- One (1) year experience of live modelling is preferred, but not required
Skills and abilities:
- Physical stamina to sit, stand and/or lay down in various positions
- Listening skills and ability to take directions
- Confidence to pose in front of a group
• Cover Letter
The rate is $34.68/hour which is inclusive of travel expense and 4% benefit in lieu
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.