Faculty of Arts, Journalism and Communications
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 1000-Office of the President - Admin
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
The student will provide assistance to Tracy Sherlock in researching, interviewing, writing, and editing for the KPU 50th anniversary book project.
- Fact-finding about KPU’s history and various individuals involved in KPU
- Interviewing people involved in KPU
- Transcribing interviews and writing profiles of people involved in KPU
- Editing other students’ written work
- Reviewing profiles with interviewees
- Creating and maintaining the project website and social media accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a journalism or creative writing student
- Reliable and hardworking
- Familiarity with basic principles of web design and social media
- Interested in history and post-secondary education
This position is reserved for KPU Students only
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.