Facility Attendant – Etobicoke/York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Program and Facility Support, incl Call Centre
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Category:||Program and Facility Support, incl Call Centre|
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Work Location:||Etobicoke/York Various|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||07/15/2023|
- Assists facility/recreation staff with overall building operation and providing a safe recreational environment for permit holders, participants and the public.
- Opens and closes facility including arming and disarming security systems.
- Responds to inquiries from facility tenants, users, and staff and provides facility information.
- Ensures public compliance with Divisional policies.
- Performs general cleaning duties.
- Ensures the set up is in place for permit holders and participants and monitors use.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Acts as a member of the on-site emergency response team.
- Completes shift summary in the facility logbook ensuring that critical information is recorded and shared with co-workers.
- Assists facility maintenance staff during the annual maintenance break.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines in accordance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and takes part in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience in performing janitorial duties.
- Demonstrated ability in the safe operation of related janitorial equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, ladder, hand tools, cleaning products, personal protective wear, shovel, etc.).
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to complete shift work including nights and weekends.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory training sessions (Neo/Reo, WHMIS, CLASS Program Registration, etc.).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folder, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.