Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Facility Services Technician, located in Guelph, Ontario.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties related to the setup, calibration, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the facilities equipment subject to the legislative licensing requirements and in accordance with the Technician’s qualifications. Be encouraged to work on a wide variety of assigned individual and team based tasks, collaborating with other support groups as required.
Must be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
Perform regular facility monitoring, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure uninterrupted safe operation, operational efficiencies and asset integrity. They will monitor operation of facility equipment by conducting facility walkthroughs, equipment and system monitoring. Maintain and repair building systems and related equipment. Will respond to service requests and demand maintenance and perform routine and emergency service. Ensure compliance with cGxP, corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
1. Health & Safety
- Operate in, and ensures team members and contractors operate in, compliance with all company safety policies and practices including all protective equipment
- Identify and report unsafe conditions / near misses and accidents in a timely fashion
- Verify that guarding is in place, interlocks are in working condition at all times and applies lock out procedures to equipment during repair
- Completion of mandatory courses such as WHMIS, Safety Orientation, Ergonomics, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Confined Space etc.
- Be a member of Fire Brigade, Spill Team and First Aid
- Encouraged to be active member of Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Work independently under the mentorship of the Facility Manager or Facilities Planner.
- Exhibit a mature and collaborative attitude to promote an atmosphere of sensitivity and good communication and teamwork both within the department, with other departments, and with contractors
3. TEAM BUILDING:
- Support operations and participate in company initiatives and programs
- Openly communicate, encourage and support team members
- Assist and cooperate in cross-training and mentoring of new and existing technicians
- Review, understand and adheres to company policies, procedures, practices, GxP’s, SOP’s, and Change Controls.
- Actively participate in team and department meetings and daily communication with Facility Manager or Facility Planner.
- Raise and communicate non-conformances to Facility Manager or Facility Planner.
5. MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of all training and confirmed ability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain proficiency through individual study effort, and review of technical data
- Supports and completes special projects (eg. annual PM, installation/evaluating new and /or modified equipment, experimental programs, etc.).
- Coordination of external service providers and contractors.
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and detailed mechanic prints for diagnosing equipment problems and for ordering replacement parts, and transferring that knowledge, as required
- Use machine shop tools for which one has been trained
- Possess working knowledge of all facility related equipment and processes including mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic functions
- Competent in the proper use of measuring instruments, power tools and hand tools
- Normal repairs and maintenance activities require some movement of or lifting of heavy items of equipment and use of material handling equipment, e.g. pump truck, walker/ stacker, fork truck or scissor liftQualifications
- Industrial Electrician (442A) Certification required
- Valid Class G Driver’s License is required
- Minimum 5 years Facility Services or trade experience required
- Experience in cGMP environment
- CMMS, Maximo PM systems
- Steam Fitter (307A) Certification
- Provincial Certificate of Qualification of Ontario Plumber
- Routinely exposed to noise, heat, dust, lubricants, alcohol based solvents and extreme temperatures inside and outside. Working at heights. Working under or on top of equipment.
- Protective personal equipment is required, including, safety glasses, safety shoes and uniforms.
- Department and Company schedules and requirements may require extended hours of work.
- cGMP knowledge
- Understanding and use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Team activity. Collaborative individual and must have the ability to establish relationships across departments to handle and deliver departmental results
- Ability to work in a high demand environment with multiple priorities
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)Job Function
Facilities (Eng)Requisition ID