City : Burnaby, BC
Category : Corporate - Corporate Real Estate & FM
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP currently has a new opportunity for a Facilities Coordinator to join our team located in Burnaby. We have a large portfolio of real estate and facilities across Canada, and are hoping to add an enthusastic coordinator to our team to oversee the facility in Burnaby.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Oversee, coach and provide support to Facilities Administrative Specialist;
- Help design and implement office policies and procedures for proactive and scheduled maintenance of all areas and equipment;
- Assist with any facility moves, restructures or restacking;
- Oversee and coordinate assigned secondary sites and, in an emergency, other locations within their region;
- Assist with all matters relating to the facility, particularly those relating to contractor, maintenance and repairs, service interruptions and signage;
- Attend joint health and safety committee meetings to assist in identifying, initiating and coordinating corrective actions required to maintain office HSE. Increased value would also be delivered if the facilities coordinator were to take and maintain necessary training to be able to serve as the JHSC “management representative”;
- Manage and distribute ad-hoc requests for assistance from the business and other team members;
- Liaison with the building owner to communicate day to day issues that arise, e.g. elevators down, fire drill etc;
- Oversee, manage and delegate security access system and office asset such as: workstations, offices, staff lockers, parking of company and employee vehicles;
- Assist the facilities manager in monitoring and managing costs to meet budget and act as facilities manager in their absence;
- Responsible for tracking all employee movement within a facility;
- Work with the facilities team to maintain a tidy, safe and functional working environment;
- Ensure the maintenance of kitchen/lunch room cleaning stock;
- Management and maintenance of all company fire extinguishers and first aid kits
- Keep floor plans updated for the ON/OFF boarding employees and vacancies.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Min 5 years’ experience in similar role;
- Being available for weekend and overtime work, with access to a vehicle;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with document formatting & production;
- Experience working with a large organization desirable;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to providing quality service and work;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- A proactive and enthusiastic team player;
- A self-starter who can work independently;
- Adherence to the requirements of WSP systems as set out in the company policies, manuals, procedures and guidelines;
- Ensure duties are performed in a professional and timely manner;
- Demonstrate adherence to confidentiality requirements and maintain a high level of ethical behavior.
Key personal attributes*: Is organized and proactive. Approachable, dependable. Works well under pressure and juggling multiple priorities. Lives the company vision and values. Presents professional image. Manages self under pressure. Adopts "Best for WSP" approach in day to day activities.