Facilities and Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Facilities and Maintenance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
If you have strong communication skills and exceptional leadership capabilities with an eagerness to improve plant processes, then we would love to hear from you!
Friday to Sunday; 12 hour shifts
flexibility with start and end time
What you’ll do:
- Ensure Team Members comply with policies and procedures, rules and regulations affecting department activities, while maintaining high level of morale and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Prioritize innovation and communication; actively seek ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings, maintaining open dialogue and collaboration with Team Members at all levels.
- Analyze conditions and provide solutions. Identify and examine production equipment failures to understand the root cause, interpreting schematics and drawings and investigating and repairing electrical and mechanical systems such as pneumatics, drives and hydraulics, and conveyors.
- Prioritize tasks and adjust priorities as necessary to ensure business continuity where all on demand work and regular inspections/maintenance of equipment and facilities are held to legislative/manufacturer/industry standard or better.
- Support annual financial planning and tracking for both operating and Capital expenses.
- Responsible for vendor/contractor selection including sourcing and reviewing bids.
- Collaborate across departments to arrange work, define processes and accountability.
- Ensure execution of maintenance defined tasks required and agreed to on time or communicate change as required.
- College Diploma in Automation/Robotics, and a Skilled Trade Certificate of Qualification is required.
- One of the following licenses is required; Millwright 433A or 426A, Electrician 309A or 442A, and/or Controls Technician 447A.
- One to two years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Must demonstrate supportive people skills.
- Ability to interpret Building Code and Blueprints of mechanical and electrical in nature.
- Knowledgeable of Material Handling Equipment (Conveyor and Forklifts).
- Previous use of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Maintenance Management software.
- Demonstrate Project Management skills.
- Previous training in coaching, situational leadership, or emotional intelligence would be considered an asset.
What Home offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.