City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Manager, Fabric Developer
The Manager, Fabric Developer leverages consumer insights, mill strategies and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, and costing. You will be responsible for supporting a “Fabric First” mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. You will partner with the Raw Material team in Toronto on cross-functional strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze women fashion and men fabric needs and action into developments that are within cost and aesthetic parameters.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to design and cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across the divisions.
- Partner with product development to ensure that fabrics are within pricing architecture.
- Negotiate costs, minimums, lead-times, purchasing terms with the suppliers.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the mill team.
- Manage supplier relationship.
- Support fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone.
- Track fabric development KPIs on number of seasonal developments.
- Track fabric testing report and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with design, product development, QA and production on all issues related to material costing, quality, delivery and supplier performance issues
- Create and maintain seasonal materials libraries in PLM and physical libraries.
What you’ll bring:
- Fabric expertise: Experience with fabric constructions, dye techniques, finishes, manufacturing and sourcing process.
- Collaborative and team focused
- Self-Motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to learn quickly
- Working knowledge of PLM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.