External Stakeholder Writer/ Product Developer (Ottawa (Downtown), ON, CA)
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Banking/Financial
Employer : Bank of Canada
External Stakeholder Writer/ Product Developer
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada. No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in our environment.
Building on the principles that have always guided us – excellence, integrity and respect – we strive to be forward-looking and innovative, to welcome people with diverse perspectives and talents, and to earn trust by living up to our commitments and by clearly explaining the intent of our policies and actions.
With our defined-benefit pension plan, benefits, and high flexibility for work life balance - find out more about why we are annually ranked as one of Canada's top employers: Working Here - Bank of Canada
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
About the position
Under the direction of the Program Manager and with guidance from the Senior Writers/Product Developers, you will contribute to the communications service delivery and products in various forms (print and online inquiries). You will write audience-specific content for external stakeholders, and work through the product development and production process. You will also carry out media analysis and identify media trends related to currency issues for the leadership team and the Counterfeit Monitoring Committee. Finally, this position manages small-to-medium ad hoc External Stakeholder Management Team annual business plan projects and, in conjunction with the Senior Writers/Product Developers, contributes to larger and more complex projects.
What you will do
As the External Stakeholder Writer/Product Developer, you analyze specific issues or events of interest that can affect the Bank’s reputation, which feeds into the Department’s overall proactive initiatives on bank notes and crisis response. Within an increasingly digital environment, you support the development of communications and marketing strategies to promote bank note security and counterfeit prevention. You build and maintain team relationships and networks to help write, design and deliver assorted program products and services. You conduct research, manage surveys and recommend opportunities to incorporate emerging media to better serve the program’s needs in the delivery of its communication product and services. You plan, research, document, analyze, and recommend topics to be covered in different delivery products. You consult and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on communications needs and preferences to ensure accuracy and quality of answers and written products. You also coordinate the development of Currency related content, which may be produced to raise awareness of currency issues. Finally, you lead small-to-medium size projects and contribute to larger and more complex projects, which covers a wide array of bank note related topics.
What you need to succeed
- excellent communication skills, written (including web), oral and presentation
- excellent technical skills: including Microsoft suite, various reporting tools
- ability to work well with internal partners and business contacts, with willingness to share expertise, provide constructive feedback and contribute ideas
- good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and make recommendations and sound decisions.
- ability to be flexible and self-motivated and to take initiative
- ability to maintain accuracy and provide special attention to detail, even as priorities change and urgencies intervene
- Knowledge of Power BI and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Experience with video production
Your education and experience
This position requires a bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism, literature, marketing, translation or a related discipline, and at least four years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
What you need to know
- Language requirement: English and French essential (bilingual) with a minimum starting level of functional (level 4) in second official language. Training may be provided to help reach the required level of fully functional (level 5) in second official language.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Secret
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
Hybrid Work Model #LI-Hybrid
The Bank offers work arrangements that provide employees with flexibility, enable high-performing teams, and support an excellent workplace culture. Most employees can telework from home for a substantial part of each month as part of the Bank`s hybrid work model, and they are expected on site at the Bank location a minimum of eight days per month to help build connections between colleagues. You must live in Canada, and within reasonable commuting distance of the office.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career. For more information on key benefits please visit A great deal to consider.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $74,146 to $87,230 (job grade 15)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay. The first tier of performance pay is for successfully meeting expectation, at 5 to 7% of your base salary. The Bank offers additional performance pay for those who exceed expectations (10% of your base salary).. Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental disability and life and/or accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Indexed, defined-benefit pension #LI-POST
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.