Experienced Boom Truck Driver
City : Lower Sackville
Category : Transportation Services
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
EXPERIENCED BOOM TRUCK DRIVER
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
We are currently hiring a full-time Boom Truck Driver with a class 3 air brake endorsement for our Kent store located at – 62 Colonel Joseph Scott Drive Lower Sackville.
As a Boom Truck Driver, you will be part of the team that provides delivery services for our customers displaying the highest standards of safety and excellent customer service. You will be responsible for monitoring truck maintenance and keeping driver’s records requirements such as daily check list. This job can be physically demanding.
What will you do:
- Deliver materials to private homes and construction sites safely – Materials include Windows and doors, Cement, Shingles, and other building materials.
- Load and unload product
- Prepare trucks for loading
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and safety
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve any issues
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Report defects, violations, accidents, or injuries
- Maintain a professional behavior
- Follow all safety regulations, company policies, and procedures
What you will bring:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a class 3 Boom Truck Operator
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Valid Class 3 License, Manual transmission is required
- Drivers Abstract Required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Ability to work up to 12 Hour shifts (varying start time)
- Self-Motivated, punctual, and reliable
- Must have Safety mindset
- High attention to detail
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Able to do physical work
What we offer:
- Full time benefits after probation period (3 Months) including health, drug, and dental coverage; disability insurance and RRSP
- A safe work environment
- All Local Travel
- Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday (40 hrs. +)
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted