Executive Project Director- Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
As a senior leader within the business line, the candidate would be directly responsible for the delivery of feasibility study and engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) projects. The candidate would bring skills, and demonstrated experience for direct responsibility of teams of two hundred (200) or more persons.
We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
The candidate would be responsible for activities including:
• Establishing and managing project safety plan and ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project;
• Developing a complete understanding of the prime contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to ensure execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations
• Ensuring full compliance with prime contract with regard to client reporting, notifications, project system start up and close-out requirements;
• Providing project leadership and to ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution
• Establishing good work environment and work relationship among project team members, guide team’s work implementation on aligned and consistent goal and path;
• Managing and controlling the project’s cost and schedule by ensuring that effective project controls are in place and functioning properly, including establishing a project structure reporting, and control, and a change management system;
• Collaborating within sales, operations, and technical teams pursuing prospective projects to develop win strategies, including project execution and commercial strategies;
• Typically managing personnel and providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members,
• Available and able to travel domestically and internationally to attend to business related matters;
• Other duties as assigned.