Executive Chef – Corporate Services (40254001)
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Management
Industry : Hospitality
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Responsible for successfully coordinating and directing the production of food for the restaurant, room service and catering departments
- Direct daily operations of food production including menu planning, purchasing/ordering, inventory, food preparation, and cost management
- Manage financials for the food program including labour cost, food cost, inventory, equipment and materials
- Supervise, mentor, and monitor kitchen leadership teams and evaluate performance to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of team member capabilities
- Ensure that the food service objectives are achieved
- Establish operating standards, implement quality improvements
- Engage with internal resources to utilize and share Sodexo innovations
- Lead and endorse culinary programs aligned with our Sustainability commitments: including Waste, Fair trade, Local Sourcing, Conscious packaging, plant-based menu offers, etc.
- Oversee catering functions and special events for internal and external clients/ groups.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Promote and assist in the marketing of the food program to both internal and external audiences
- Constant analysis of the culinary program; identifying efficiencies and areas of opportunity within our culinary operations
- Ensure compliance of all Company standards and Provincial/Federal Legislation
- Ensure compliance to all Food Safety, Food System Management and HACCP Policies and Procedures
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Red Seal Certification
- 5 years’ experience in Chef role
- Ability not only to lead the team to deliver on our high safety and food quality standards, but also to lead and inspire your team to look for ways to improve on what we already do to ensure we are exceeding the students’ expectations.
- Knowledge in the understanding and preparation of a variety of cuisines is an asset
- Knowledge of industry standards and Legislative Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, team-centric and safety driven environment
- Proven organizational skills and strong computer capabilities including Microsoft Office use
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Ability to work, problem solve and provide solutions independently
- Experience in sustainable and plant-based menu preparation is an asset
- Genuine desire to provide customer service experiences beyond expectations
- A passion for food and for people
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook