Executive Assistant, Office of the Chief Financial Officer
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 4510-Finance & Administration
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and works closely with the Confidential Assistant, Financial Services, and other Executive Assistants of the University Senior Executives.
The Executive Assistant is accountable for coordinating the activities of the CFO and provides executive level support, performs a wide variety of responsible, complex and confidential administrative duties, and has a strong coordination and communication role in support of the CFO. The Executive Assistant is the primary support position to the CFO and as such deals with sensitive and confidential issues that often have significant impact on the University. They work independently and exercise initiative, judgment and strong organizational and problem-solving skills to complete their work. The Executive Assistant deals with senior administrators, other members of the KPU community, other post-secondary institutions, elected officials, government officials, business and industry partners, and external groups. This interaction often involves matters of a confidential and highly sensitive nature. The Executive Assistant must have well-developed time management skills, diplomacy, discretion, and initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years recent related experience in a senior administrative support role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience in a communications field desirable.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and to resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Position Description – Executive Assistant, Chief Financial Officer Page 3 of 3
- Professional and personal attributes that provide a positive impression of the senior administrative office.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet, data base, and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong writing skills to provide effective administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Demonstrated tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated time management skills to manage own workload as well as assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Familiarity with social media tools, strategies and best practices.
- Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.