City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Event Producer delivers an inspiring array of in-person, virtual and hybrid corporate meetings and events. They provide expert knowledge to ensure the event meets corporate objectives, quality standards, brand requirements and business goals. A creative solutions expert, the Event Producer ensures the superb execution of all event logistics and program delivery requirements. The Event Producer takes a hands-on lead role producing signature events, while collaborating with stakeholders, team members and vendors to orchestrate all the moving pieces to ensure every event is inspiring and engaging. With an astute knowledge of the latest event and broadcast technologies and trends, the Event Producer is an exceptional collaborator, building trust and alliances with stakeholders and team members, developing experiences that align with Sun Life’s business objectives. The Event Producer works closely with the Broadcast, Production, AV Services and Multimedia teams in the efficient and effective delivery of our business partners’ goals.
As a resource for business partners across Sun Life, Broadcast and Event Services provides event management, production, broadcast, AV and multimedia services for a robust portfolio of corporate experiences. Reporting to the Senior Event Producer, Broadcast and Event Services (BES), the Event Producer is a leading member of the BES team.
What will you do?
- Lead hands-on planning and execution of virtual, in-person and hybrid events, including online and/or on-site event delivery, directing teams and talent to ensure the seamless execution of the event agenda, including show calling and floor managing in collaboration with broadcast and production teams.
- For assigned events, responsible for all aspects event and project management for conferences, multi-day meetings, town halls, receptions, and incentive travel, including advising and detailing event itineraries, show flows, rehearsals, programming/entertainment, event website and attendee platform management, budgets/expenses, content/presentation coordination, service/vendor/supplier contracts, attendee registration/communications, translation services, travel, gifting, food and beverage management, staffing and safety planning and post-event reporting.
- In support of business partners, advise on business agendas to inspire, connect and engage attendees; leverage industry networks to recommend external speakers and creative talent who can help drive business results through engaging presentations and experiences. Incorporate innovative ways to involve and interact with our audiences, cultivating memorable and enduring experiences.
- Managing all vendors according to Sun Life guidelines, including sourcing partners, destination management companies, venues, translation companies, keynote speakers, promotional items and spousal/family programs. Research and recommending new vendors and services to offer as recommended partners.
- Following risk management/mitigation and response policies and procedures at events and activities.
- Following the proper management of event expenses and billing including approval and forecasting processes for events; identify opportunities for savings. Managing and ensuring that event financial administration including processing payment requests, purchase orders, chargebacks and reconciliation and reporting for all event related costs is properly completed.
- Adhering to company policies and industry best practices for the event planning processes, pre, during and post-events
- Commitment to continuous improvement with the aim of making processes as efficient as possible, while delivering quality results
What do you need to succeed?
- You have 5+ years of advanced expertise in an event management environment, producing exceptional experiences for online and in-person corporate audiences. You’re a well-accomplished event professional, with an inspiring track record of using a wide range of media, platforms and venues, regularly working in close collaboration with production, technical and multimedia teams.
- You’re determined to be an inspiring and motivating team leader, with experience managing teams to deliver high quality work.
- You regularly show initiative and drive, as a self-starter you’re confident in your abilities and decision-making.
- You have a passion for developing and executing creative and innovative experiences, with your finger on the pulse of the latest trends and techniques.
- You can see the big picture, and you’re often one step ahead of your partners and team members seeing solutions as issues emerge.
- You have an excellent track record in fast paced, deadline driven, high-volume and live production environments.
- You have advanced technological abilities including Excel and expertise in the MS Office Suite, and the ability to adapt to learn a wide range of databases/CRM systems, graphics, websites tools and web platforms.
- You’ve got past budget management, with solid experiences tracking expenses and reconciliation.
- You build strong business relationships with stakeholders, vendors, staff, and team members; you’ve got a strong ability to negotiate and resolve issues smoothly and effectively.
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Content management, graphic and web design experience (Adobe Suite)
- Producing experience for live broadcast for streaming, television or film
- Certified Meeting Professional designation
- Knowledge of Cvent and mobile event apps
- Deep knowledge of industry-related contracts and terminology (e.g. platforms, venues, speakers, vendors, etc.)
- Involvement in industry-related associations
What's In It For You?
Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
An environment of continuous learning and improvement
The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:50,100/50 100 - 81,900/81 900
Job Category:Office Administration
Posting End Date:16/08/2022