City : GTA, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Procurement
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Milton, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
*Moving to Mississauga in late Spring 2023
Mattamy Homes Canada
Purchasing, Greater Toronto Lowrise
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join the GTA low-rise division, Mattamy’s largest and most established division, with dominant market share in the residential industry. This division is responsible to develop and build master plan communities spanning across the GTA area in multiple municipalities.
Mattamy’s low-rise division is the perfect blend of stability and proven success with an entrepreneurial spirit that is an industry leader on innovation and sustainability initiatives. They are commitment to having a positive impact on the residential industry by leveraging technology, leading-edge home features and community.
What you’ll do
- Provide quantity take-off in all trades discipline for budgeting and tendering
- Prepares and assembles detailed cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects reflective of industry experience, current market conditions and project specifics, including support feasibility studies and value engineering
- Analyze design drawings, specifications, consultants reports and initiate RFIs as required
- Prepare trades and suppliers tender package
- Assist with resolving trades Purchase Order related issues
- Analysis of cost comparison and differences in products and services; compares contractor proposals with required project scope to determine completeness.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with subcontractors, construction staff and supervisors.
- Maintain and update internal cost database
What you bring
- Post-secondary degree(s) and/or certificate(s) in architecture, engineering, construction and/or project management
- 2+ years of experience in estimating, budgeting and procurement in a construction environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and consultants reports
- Ability to perform quantity take-off in all trades discipline
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team is essential
- Computer literacy, with strong knowledge of Revit, Excel and Word;
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.