ESG Business Analyst – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
Business Analyst are responsible for providing proactive, focused attention to assigned accounts to help them get maximum value from their solutions. Key metrics Business Analyst are accountable for are:
- Support and advise IBM field teams in opportunity development
- Timely customer on-boarding to the cloud solution
- Incident coordination and management
- Relationship management
- Client satisfaction
- Best Practices and Customer Health – monitor the health of assigned accounts and drive a set of actions to help ensure client success
- Advise on solution capabilities and effective adoption
- Monitor customer usage, adoption, and overall satisfaction
- Understand customer solution objectives and drive alignment between customer objectives and IBM capabilities
- Develop a “success plan”, a plan of action to help ensure customer success and ROI
- Make proactive recommendations on leveraging IBM solutions
- Relationship Management – build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
- Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts early in the sales cycle
- Manage client expectations around solutions
- Communicate status at key stakeholders inside client and at IBM
- Monitor customer satisfaction and drive references
- Facilitate two-way communication to address customer needs
- Serve as an escalation outlet and ensure critical client issues are addressed by the appropriate IBM teams
- Coordinate client activities throughout their life cycle closely with services, support, education/training, and Dev/Operations
- Client Retention and Growth – partner with Sales and Services to help ensure retention and growth of assigned clients
- Work with Sales and Services to understand client expectations and to successfully transition into the client success model
- Identify opportunities for paid services and solution expansion
- Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA or equivalent preferably in Business, Communications, or technical field.
- A passion for customer service and relationship building. Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of ESG issues and their applicability to investing markets
- Previous experience in ESG or Sustainability Strategy development, and materiality assessment
- Experience in areas including environmental assessment, regulatory permitting, compliance management; management system
- Strong understanding of ESG frameworks and standards relevant for the project (e.g., SASB, GRI, PRI, The GHG Protocol, TCFD, ISO 14001 series, GRESB)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- (Nice-to-have) Certifications: GRI, ISO 14001, SASB, CFA Institute Certificate in ESG Investing
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.