City : Any City
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We’re currently seeking an ERP Technical Lead to join the Wireless ERP Team at Shaw. The ERP Technical Lead plays a key role in the designing and solutioning of key requirements and deliveries as well as understanding different integrations of ERP with other systems. They will focus on key development of strategic roadmaps, coordinate with Apps DBA team, apply patches, clone requirements, maintain different environments by working with the DBA team as well as the technical team with the requirements in Oracle Applications. As well, will develop strong relationships with key executive and business stakeholders to understand their requirement and how ERP helps them in their day-to-day operations. The successful candidate will be improving existing processes involving Financials, Supply Chain, interfaces, procedures and build integrations with systems like Point of Sales, Digital, Sonic and troubleshooting existing integration.
A typical day
• Translate requirements to a technical footprint and create road maps for projects and tasks.
• Collaborate with ERP functional teams and other team members to validate solution architectures, technical designs, system deployments and support documentation covering all architecture, design, and operational aspects (Integration, reporting & analytics, security and regulatory compliance, support, and maintenance etc.).
• Work with application, security, infrastructure, and other operational support teams, as well as project teams to resolve technical design, implementation, or operational technology issues
• Ability to define functional requirements and translation business requirements to functional configurations in applications
• Supporting Oracle Financials and Supply chain and other Modules and analyzing different requirements with their impact
• Ability to effectively communicate with Finance and supply chain teams
• Design and build new interfaces, Trouble shoot existing Integrations. Routines, procedures.
• Co-ordinate with Apps DBA teams for patches, cloning, workflow mailer and other requirements
• Lead ERP assessments for new initiatives, enabling the validation of recommendations with rough order of magnitude (ROM) effort, duration and estimates for strategic alignment, delivery feasibility, capacity to change, budget limits and schedules, etc.
• Ability to be client-facing and work effectively with a project team consisting of both internal and external resources
• Provide architectural leadership for ERP system functional and technical capabilities and best practices including project implementation oversight
• Engage with vendor, third party, and other industry experts to stay aware of ERP vendor roadmaps, functional capabilities, and lessons learned & lead ERP presentations to various audiences including Shaw technical and business leadership.
• Utilize LEAN and Agile methodologies to streamline work processes and realize cost and resource efficiencies
• Take on various other duties as required.
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar program
• Over 10 years of Oracle Application experience, including over 3 years of full life cycle implementation or similar
• Minimum Education should be bachelor’s in computer sciences. Minimum experience required to perform the job is 10 years in various roles of Oracle application.
• Technical Knowledge of Oracle On premises such as Oracle Inventory, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle i-procurement, Oracle Financials, Planning, ASCP
• Knowledge of Oracle Cloud
• Knowledge of Business Processes such as Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Internal Order Cycle etc.
• Knowledge of Oracle interfaces and integration
• Knowledge of Oracle Tools such as Toad, SQL
• Knowledge of Application Object Library (System Administration)
• Knowledge of Workflows, SOA Gateway
• Present and lead discussions on ERP functionality as it relates to current operational needs
• Learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
• Implement quality assurance efforts for software use and design
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is not location-specific
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw location and will not be required to relocate for this role.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated