City : Montreal, QC, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
CP is hiring fulltime Equipment Operators in order to facilitate the safe and efficient loading of domestic and international containers at the Intermodal facility in Lachine, Quebec.
Starting position includes operation of various intermodal equipment (shunt trucks etc.) at the rate of $29.661 and offers near term progression to other positions within the facility, example Utility Ground at the rate of $30.985 and Heavy Equipment Operator at the rate of $34.959.
- Operation of various terminal equipment including shunt trucks, light duty pickup trucks, fuel trucks, trailers, chassis, forklift, sweeper truck, etc
- Hostling containers/chassis within terminal to support train loading operations
- General duties, as required, including pre-tripping of perishable intermodal containers, building electric reefer container sets on railcars, plug in reefers on ground and monitor performance
- Perform visual inspection and report on damages and defects of intermodal equipment
- Prepare railcars for proper loading of different-size containers by placement of pedestals and spacers
- Assist in securement of containers once loaded to railcar (walking on railcar platforms, locking/unlocking IBC’s)
- Update system as required once work is completed
- Other miscellaneous duties as/when required
- This is a safety-sensitive position within an environment of heavy equipment and constant flow of traffic
- Applicant must have High School or equivalent
- Possess advanced reading and writing skills, including the ability to follow advanced written instruction and/or training in skills such as driving
- Be in possession of a valid driver licenses
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol, and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required. This includes candidates participating in the Trainee Program who will also be required to pass a drug test during the training process before receiving final qualification for the position.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Education verification
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101687
- Department: Market Strategy & Asset Management
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 2
- Job Grade:
- Job Available to: Internal & External