City : FREDERICTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Technician - ( 220002BT )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As an Intermediate/Senior Environmental Field Technician, you will work with our Environmental Site Investigation and Remediation practice in New Brunswick. We are flexible with respect to your location, we have offices located in Fredericton, Saint John and Moncton. You will have the opportunity to work on contaminated sites projects not only in New Brunswick but across Atlantic Canada and even beyond. You will provide field and technical support services on a variety of projects relating to air, water, waste, and other environmental programs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform and document field data collection activities (including oversight of subcontractors); assist in the completion of project level work (data management, report preparation) on environmental / remediation / management projects
- Conduct multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas, indoor air, etc.)
- Provide oversight of subcontractors including drillers, utility locators, etc., including overseeing advancement of soil and rock borings, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, soil excavation projects
- Completion of fieldwork, including installation of groundwater monitoring wells, groundwater monitoring and sampling, soil characterization and sampling, and soil vapour/indoor air sampling
- Prepare soil boring logs and well construction details
- Complete site inspections for Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Complete various hazardous materials assessments for designated substances including asbestos, lead, PCBs, mercury components, ozone-depleting substances, and mould.
- Complete hazardous material abatement/remediation assessments and air monitoring.
- Complete aquifer testing, water level measurements, and elevation surveying
- Emergency spill response work (including occasional weekends and nights) for clients when required (Note: emergency response services in this group are carried out as a team, the successful candidate would not be required to respond to every emergency event)
- Coordinate with laboratories, clients, subcontractors, third-party stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to analyze field and technical data, and draft technical reports
- Where necessary, work independently, connecting with senior personnel as required for clarity and guidance
- Adhere to Stantec Health and Safety Policies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Five or more years of relevant field experience
- Detailed knowledge of field sampling techniques
- Experience using field equipment including GIS-related mobile data collection,
- Initiative in integrating creativity and innovation in all work tasks
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
- Conscientiousness, organization, and discipline
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills, some French language capabilities would be considered an asset
- Eligible for federal security clearance
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required
Education and Experience
College or University Diploma or Degree is an asset and/or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Minimum of 5 years work experience.
The work environment includes both office and outdoor activities related to typical diverse environmental and varied locations, ability to work in inclement weather conditions as required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Job : Environmental Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1214 Environment Services-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 27, 2022, 6:34:16 AM
Req ID: 220002BT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans