Environmental Services Student / Intern – Summer 2024 (4 months)
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Services Student / Intern - Summer 2024 (4 months) - ( 230004SJ )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigour, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Prairies Environmental Services Team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan currently has Summer Student opportunities for the upcoming field season. As a summer student, your role would include but not necessarily be limited to: field and office work with our Site Assessment, Remediation and Response Team; Assessment and Permitting Team; and/or Ecosystems Team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, and preparing technical reports.
- Field work including environmental site assessments; construction monitoring support; soil sampling, groundwater monitoring and sampling; and aquatics and terrestrial monitoring support.
- Participating in proposal and/or report preparations, may perform calculations; gather, review or report information; and/or prepare standard document sections.
- Complete other administrative duties, as required.
- Available to travel within and potentially outside Saskatchewan; working in a wide range of climatic conditions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
- Basic understanding of waste management concepts and environmental legislation.
- Basic understanding of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystem interactions and their components.
- A successful drug/alcohol screening may be required.
Education and Experience
In progress toward earning or have completed a Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in an Environmental related field.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1114 EnvSvcs-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 23, 2023, 1:09:35 PM
Req ID: 230004SJ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans