Environmental Services Internship
City : Ottawa
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Services Internship - ( 24000042 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from technical specialists around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental experts on work that is critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join our team for the May – December 2024 (8-month) term as an Environmental Services Intern. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to complete the environmental services component(s) of a wide variety of projects in a dynamic design team setting. You will report directly to the Project Manager or Team Lead and will have primarily design responsibilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of these positions vary by discipline and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct fieldwork (i.e., resource delineations/assessments, sample collection, site monitoring, etc.) on a variety of sites
- Assist Project Managers in the implementation of various environmental projects
- Provide project support including project documentation (i.e., report preparation; project research, data processing, project graphics for fieldwork, permitting, and design, construction observation, attendance at client meetings and various project-related tasks)
- Coordinate with engineers, technical staff and/or team members to ensure that the projects needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Comply with health and safety and quality management protocols
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Energetic, team-oriented player with a commitment to superior client service
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to communicate effectively with technical and management personnel remotely
- Ability to work up to 12 hours per day, up to 6 days per week (weekend and overtime work may be required)
- Available to work on out-of-town projects, typically 1 to 2 weeks but as long as 3 to 4 weeks at a time
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while keeping health and safety a priority
- All applicants must have a valid Class G driver’s license and a vehicle to complete the required field assignments
- Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather
- Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in/or possess an Environmental Diploma or Degree program at an accredited post-secondary institution.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Work Locations :
Thunder Bay ON
Organization : BC-1221 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 17, 2024, 12:03:53 PM
Req ID: 24000042
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans