Environmental Risk Assessor/Site Assessor
City : Thunder Bay
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Risk Assessor/Site Assessor - ( 240000NI )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking an experienced, exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual who is interested in advancing their career, to join our Site Investigation, Remediation and Risk Assessment Team. Our team provides a wide range of environmental services in a variety of sectors, including infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, energy, manufacturing, government, insurance, and commercial real estate. As a Canadian leader in environmental site assessments, as well as human health and ecological risk assessments, our group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in contaminant fate and transport, risk assessment, risk management, site remediation, and risk communication.
Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects ranging from brownfield redevelopments to Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) for large-scale developments, conducting site investigations, preparing remedial action plans, evaluating human health and ecological concerns associated with contaminants in the environment, and identifying risk management measures. Stantec values work-life balance and is an equal equity employer.
Stantec currently requires an Environmental Site Assessor/Risk Assessor with 5 to 10 years experience to join our growing Site Investigation, Remediation and Risk Assessment Team in one of our Ontario offices (negotiable office location).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support proposals and business development
- Manage projects; mentor and supervise more junior staff on delegated tasks
- Analyze and interpret field and analytical data, develop of conceptual site models and problem formulations, exposure modeling, and site assessment/risk assessment/remedial options report preparation in accordance with current provincial and federal requirements
- Meet client-based and regulatory reporting deadlines
- Responsibilities may include manipulation and maintenance of our contaminant transport models and in-house risk assessment tools, as well as the MECP’s Modified Generic Risk Assessment model
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5 to 10 years of site assessment and/or risk assessment experience related to O.Reg. 153/04
- Familiarity with soil vapour assessments, remedial options analysis and risk management plans
- Proficiency in project management
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills, in particular with respect to regulatory agencies, project stakeholders, and clients
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure and within short timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Conscientious, detail oriented, and disciplined approach to projects
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Initiative in integrating creativity and efficiency in all work tasks
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Ability to obtain federal reliability security clearance
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent, with associated eligibility for QPESA and/or QPRA status on Ontario
- Prior experience in an engineering or consulting environment is an asset
- Eligibility for registration with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or Professional Geoscientists Ontario (PGO) is also an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Thunder Bay ON
Organization : BC-1221 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 8, 2024, 2:11:14 PM
Req ID: 240000NI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans