Environmental Project Manager – Mining
City : Windsor
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Project Manager - Mining - ( 23000290 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for an Intermediate or Senior Project Manager – Mining EA/Permitting to join the Environmental Services practice area. You will join a team that delivers outstanding expertise to a wide variety of clients. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of environmental EA, permitting and regulatory compliance solutions to our mining sector clients. The position has flexibility to work remotely or in one of our local offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a close-knit team, you will assist with implementing the EA and permitting process as it applies to mining projects.
- The role will include:
+ client liaison and business development; and,
+ writing and coordinating proposals and reports.
- You will also effectively manage projects including scheduling, health and safety, subcontractors, budgets, and QAQC procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the mining sector, especially in Ontario and Quebec and ideally across North America.
- Solid reputation and high level of personal and professional credibility based upon a solid understanding of the environmental aspects of the Ontario mining sector through all stages of the mining life cycle.
- Experience leading EAs and permitting processes for mining projects of significant size and/or complexity, ideally in Ontario or elsewhere in Canada.
- A strategic thinker that establishes a permitting approach with consideration of all discipline interactions during project start-up and commencement.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a mining client base. Such experience within a consulting organization is considered a strong asset.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Strong experience liaising with government and First Nations.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated technical skills and, ideally, advanced educational credentials.
- This individual may be an Environmental Scientist, an Environmental Planner, a Geologist, a Mining Engineer, or have a background in other related multi-disciplinary areas. Experience and demonstrated ability will take precedence over academic qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years professional mining sector experience, in progressively more senior positions. This could be with explorers, producers, or consulting service providers to the mining sector, or a combination thereof.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-London
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 25, 2023, 10:59:45 AM
Req ID: 23000290
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans