Environmental Project Manager
City : Red Deer
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Project Manager - ( 2300020M )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic environmental professional that can provide technical excellence and leadership as a Project Manager within our growing Environmental Services, Remediation and Revitalization (R&R) team in Alberta. The successful candidate will manage environmental site assessments, remediation projects, and project teams across various business sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop detailed scopes of work and cost estimates to execute Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and contaminated site investigations (i.e., Phase II ESAs) in soil, groundwater, surface water, and soil vapor.
- Work with other technical professionals and subcontractors to develop remedial options analysis and risk assessment / management strategies.
- Develop detailed scopes of work and cost estimates to execute chosen remedial strategies and coordinate with subcontractors.
- Monitor project scope of work progression, project spend, and project schedule.
- As required, conduct and/or lead field work on complex projects and mentor field staff on field execution.
- Liaise with field staff and technical discipline leaders during project execution.
- Analyze and interpret project data and prepare technical reports that meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintain positive client relationships and communicate project status on a routine basis.
- Participate in marketing and business development activities and initiatives, contribute to cost estimates of projects in collaboration with all other disciplines.
- Interface with other Stantec departments and promote R&R services.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other project managers to properly resource all R&R projects.
- Participate and/or lead regular project meetings.
- Take safety seriously, create and lead a positive safety culture on all projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of project management as related to environmental investigations and remediation.
- Strong understanding of AB Tier 1 and 2 soil and groundwater remediation guidelines and site-specific risk assessment.
- Strong understanding of Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) contamination management and reclamation certificate application process.
- Strong technical aptitude and technical writing ability.
- Ability to manage people while overseeing project.
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically.
- Ability to prioritize work and make responsible decisions that can be defended.
- Travel may be required for the purpose of overseeing field crews, participating in off-site meetings, or training.
Education and Experience
Degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related field.
Professional designation (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, P.Ag., etc.) recognized in AB.
Minimum eight (8) years of experience delivering technical site investigation and remediation solutions on projects.
Demonstrated commitment to health and safety policies and procedures.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 5, 2023, 8:03:10 AM
Req ID: 2300020M
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans