City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Planner - ( 220003AP )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for an Environmental Planner to join the Assessment and Permitting team within the Environmental Services practice area. You will join a team that delivers outstanding expertise to a wide variety of sectors. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day execution of all regulatory aspects of project environmental approvals and permitting. The position has flexibility to work remotely or in one of our local offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a close-knit team, you will assist with implementing the environmental assessment and permitting process as it applies to infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, or power projects.
- The role will include writing and coordinating proposals and reports, conducting field and desktop studies in support of regulatory requirements, and developing and implementing consultation programs.
- You will also effectively communicate and liaise with a variety of project stakeholders, including clients, regulatory agencies, members of the public, and internal multi-disciplinary teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate good listening and problem-solving skills to assist in decision-making and provide expertise to clients and peers.
- Ability to work seamlessly with multidisciplinary project teams and execute projects collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Periodic short-term, regional travel expectations.
- Self-motivated, have excellent technical writing and interpersonal communication skills, public speaking/oral presentation.
- Previous experience undertaking environmental impact assessments, such as the Class EA process, the TPAP process, and/or the Ontario Energy Board/Canada Energy Regulator process is preferred.
Education and Experience
- A university degree or post-undergraduate college diploma in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, or related field is required.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Training and/or graduation from an environmental assessment program.
- Member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute, or ECO Canada EP designation.
- Previous experience in consulting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Job : Environmental Planner
Organization : BC-1609 Environmental Services-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 22, 2022, 12:51:42 PM
Req ID: 220003AP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans