City : Port Hope, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP is seeking an Environmental Lead to support our Construction & Remediation Operations in Port Hope, ON. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and familiarity with Environmental Construction/Remediation processes, procedures, and applicable regulations,
This is a highly visible role with a long-term client, and a large project scope. WSPs Resilient Environments business has a long and successful history of delivering innovative solutions, and they have a solid reputation in the industry. There are growth and development opportunities within the organization for the right candidate.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Implementation, oversight, and maintenance of Environmental Field Programs
- Oversight and support for Environmental Field staff
- Interpretation of project requirements, technical specifications and their practical application through project-specific environmental plans and procedures.
- Administration and application of environmental plans and procedures in support of construction and remediation works
- Technical writing: Plan creation and revisions, tracking, reporting.
- Leads and supports internal, client-led, and regulatory audits, including follow-up and reporting.
- Professionally represents and Wood’s Environmental liaison with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, and other internal and external project participants.
- Coordinates environmental activities with other project operations and participants
- Conducts project/site-specific environmental training for project personnel
- Advocates and coaches project participants on acceptable Environmental practices
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager and Environmental Program Manager
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or related fields preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and processes, including but not limited to air quality monitoring, effluent/discharge monitoring, erosion / sediment control and species at risk monitoring.
- Experience with large-scale construction/remediation projects.
- College diploma / certificate in environmental science acceptable with the right skillset.
- 6-9 years’ experience working in the industry.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize evolving project requirements for multiple ongoing projects.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment with tight delivery deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical writing and critical thinking skills.
- Proven communication skills.
- Experience in the nuclear and/or construction/remediation-based sector considered an asset.
- Team oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel, and all programs under MS Office.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and QMS related processes.
- Skilled in data and records management.
- Eligible for Reliance status security clearance.
- Valid G Class license.