Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Consultant
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Environment - Enviro Management
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Ottawa - Hybrid work environment, flexible location
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP has a new opportunity for a Hazardous Materials / IEQ Consultant Project Manager in our Environmental Health and Safety & Compliance Group (EHS) Group on a full-time basis based in our Ottawa office. Our team is growing, and as a result, we are looking for you to join our multi-disciplinary team of occupational/industrial hygienists, EHS compliance professionals, environmental professionals, and hazardous materials managers in Ottawa. As a Project Manager in our EHS & Compliance Group, you will manage projects involving hazardous material assessments/remediation, prepare contract management documents and support staff conducting EHS & Compliance work.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Providing Hazardous Materials Management Expertise, including:
- Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould;
- Preparing, developing, and tendering remediation specifications for hazardous material removal, including asbestos, lead and mould
- Conducting training programs.
- Provide Industrial/Occupational Hygiene services to our clients, which will include:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative worker exposure assessments of chemical, physical, biological agents;
- Conducting Indoor Air Quality Assessments (IAQ);
- Conducting hygiene, health and safety compliance/conformance; and management systems audits.
- Provide full cycle Project Coordination and Management Services, which will include:
- Initiating and managing projects from the proposal stage to completion;
- Developing project scopes of work and budgets;
- Preparing proposals;
- Tracking time and expenses to projects, allocating staff and resources, compiling invoicing information and maintaining project files;
- Conducting and scheduling and supervising resources to ensure projects are progressing efficiently;
- Generating reports and correspondence; and,
- Identifying and rectifying site issues and project concerns.
- Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety program and industry best practice.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Post-secondary education in Engineering / Sciences / Architecture
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in Hazardous Materials, IEQ, and Industrial Hygiene
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the PEO is a definite asset
- Your experience managing Hazardous Materials, IEQ and Industrial Hygiene projects, proposals, and proven client development
- Your initiative to apply knowledge and suggest practical solutions to field challenges;
- Your outstanding communication skills and willingness to continuously learn and apply your tech savvy skills
- Access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, Federal Reliability Clearance, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of product;
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!