Environmental Engineering Co-op Student – SU 2023
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Environment - Enviro Management
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
You are new to the industry, but want to make a difference and investigate and remediate contaminated sites. You thrive on stretching your technical skills and working on multi-disciplinary projects. You enjoy being part of a close-knit team, and appreciate the benefits that a large organisation can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, being able to participate in employee resource groups, and more.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You are a champion for Health & Safety – this is always your top priority, as it is ours
- You will be planning and executing site investigations and remediation programs at contaminated sites primarily the Yukon, but also for clients in BC from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, ports & harbours and government agencies
- You want to learn a diverse field skill set but but are equally comfortable with office tasks based on your experience level
- You are familiar with Provincial and Federal contaminated sites criteria, and while you do not know everything yet, you are willing to share what you do know, and to learn from others
- When you get back from the field, you will be involved in data management, interpretation and reporting, providing input into high-quality project deliverables
- You will be supported in your career by a caring team, and you will appreciate having a mentor assigned to you who is a steady asset for your career development that is fully committed to providing sage career advice and guidance on a regular basis
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude!
- You are in the midst of getting your Engineering, Geoscience, Biology, or similar degree
- You’ve got a clean Driver’s Abstract, are willing to travel
- You know your way around the MS Office suite of products and are keen to grow your skills in new areas like Power BI
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!