City : Saint John
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
We are looking for an Environmental Engineer to join our Divisional Pulp and Paper team based in Saint John NB.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast-paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George New Brunswick that produce 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Provide enabling support to Pulp and Paper mill sites to facilitate their ability to meet environmental regulatory requirements related to capital projects. This will include providing advice, training support, and regular inspections as required for ongoing compliance both prior to and during construction.
- Provide environmental coordination and administrative support to the divisional projects team. This may include inspections, reporting, communication, training, audit services, petroleum storage, regulatory management, and incident management supporting ongoing regulatory reporting requirements associated with capital projects within the division.
· Oversee and support compliance with construction approvals and liaise with the mills technical departments to align changes with operating approvals for the sites.
· Ensure communication and implementation of environmental protection and administrative measures across the Pulp and Paper mill sites for upcoming and ongoing capital projects, as needed.
· Responsible for gathering data and meeting reporting deadlines to ensure that regular environmental reporting requirements associated with capital projects are met.
- Responsible for internal and external environmental reporting.
- Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or related science (college or university)
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory compliance management or oversight, environmental consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to work in a team environment involving engineering consultants and internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed while meeting regulatory requirements and are documented as needed.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of demographics including regulators, peers, the public, and community stakeholders.
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and shifting priorities
- High energy level with thorough attention to details
- Ability to work independently
· More than $400Million invested into improving and growing the future of the Pulp & Paper Division.
· Significant Capital Investment at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
· Career Growth in Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Leadership, Finance and many other disciplines
· Significant investment in training with partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Forest Services, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.