Environmental Data Management Specialist
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Data Management Specialist - ( 23000130 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Environmental Data Management Specialist to join our dynamic Environmental Services - Remediation & Revitalization team in Edmonton or Calgary, AB.
You will be part of a diverse, inclusive, and multidisciplinary environmental services team engaged with meaningful projects across all client sectors. You will support our team through provision of data management services and will be a key part of maintaining high quality deliverables destined for our clients, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of our Environmental Services Data Management Team, you will:
- Work with different teams locally, across North America and/or internationally that provide environmental service solutions
- Manage and organize laboratory, field, spatial and geological data to ensure quality and consistency
- Maintain and query data using EQuIS, MS Access and MS SQL Server
- Produce data reports using in-house developed software and/or specialized queries
- Assist in developing standards and procedures for data management process improvements
- Actively communicate and coordinate with project managers, laboratories, and/or other team members to acquire data packages of varying formats to be imported to a centralized database system
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with EarthSoft EQuIS, MS Excel, MS Access and SQL Server, with a strong understanding of database relationships
- Experience using and understanding Federal/Provincial/Municipal/State regulatory guidelines
- Keen on working with data and have had exposure to environmental analytical data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities, with ability to self-manage priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Dedication to meet project deadlines in a timely manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers, project managers and clients
- Knowledge of working with spatial data considered an asset
- Previous experience in consulting will be considered an asset
Education and Experience
B.A. or B.Sc. in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Geography or related field, or a certificate/diploma in Database Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Geography or related field.2-3 years of experience in similar role.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 3, 2023, 6:02:55 PM
Req ID: 23000130
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans