City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Site Environmental Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for construction planning and execution, and compliance monitoring in terrestrial, riparian, freshwater, and marine areas.
• Responsible for the review of construction scopes against regulatory requirements, permit conditions, and Environmental Management Requirements.
• Work with subcontractors and construction management to identify environmental risks, verify mitigations are properly identified, and assist in document preparation during work scope planning.
• Develop Environmental Work Plans for company performed scopes.
• Conduct daily field inspection to verify compliance.
• Effective record keeping of environmental observations and compliance monitoring activities.
• Provide field direction of effective execution of construction, reclamation, and revegetation.
• Participates in the development of standard operation procedures, and updates to Environmental Management Plans, if requested.
• Interacts and interfaces with clients and environmental regulators.
• Conduct or participate in environmental audits and assessments.
• Conduct fish, wildlife, and vegetation surveys
• Ability to conduct fish & amphibian salvage and monitor bird nests.
• Assist with Project chemical management and waste programs.
• Other duties as assigned.