Entry Level Surveyor – Edmonton
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : Full time Technician
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:A Cathodic Protection (CP) Surveyor will be an integral part of a nationwide effort responsible for the ongoing maintenance of our client's buried facilities. We are seeking to station someone at our Edmonton, Alberta office.
Join the Ledcor team in Ontario today!
- Drive to various locations to conduct CP surveys
- Conduct physical site surveys using a variety of equipment and tools.
- Prepare sketches and notes, and perform electronic data collection.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Ensure all equipment calibrations, when required, are completed at specified intervals
- Locate and stake pipelines
- Prepare site surveying documents and present findings to clients.
- 1-2 years’ labour experience
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid driver's license
- Strong computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of multitasking while walking (ie. taking readings, locating)
- Able to work with little supervision, while adhering to the team environment is a must
- In accordance with the vehicle insurance policy, you must be 21 years of age or older
- Travel extensively to work in various outdoor weather conditions
- Walk 5+ kilometers a day in rough terrain
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Modified Schedule: Monday to Friday, 10 hours per day, alternating Friday's off, however overtime and weekend work may be required
- There is a possibility of frequent overnight stays away from home
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.