Entry Level Sales – Technology Sales Representative (Montreal)
City : Montreal
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible.
A Technology Sales Representative role (what we internally call a 'Brand Sales Specialist') means a career where you're leading prospective clients towards the era of hybrid cloud and AI – helping our clients transform their business. We build and scale with trust and transparency to drive digital transformation, deliver personalized customer experiences and help enterprises make more data-backed decisions. It means you'll be directly impacting our clients’ adoption of next-generation hybrid cloud platforms to develop, run and manage workloads of some of the worlds most influential enterprises and brands.
Our excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist you'll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust, and show them how IBM's industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
IBM’s Technology organization is currently seeking Brand Sales Specialists with experience in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this role may include, but not be limited to…
- Managing a dedicated client set and defining, confirming, and communicating the differentiated value of IBM's technology at both the technical and business level.
- Using your solution-selling expertise you'll be identifying and engaging decision makers and influencers, qualifying business opportunities, and responding to clients' needs to create strategic, long-term partnerships.
- Managing the entire sales process, from RFI / RFP response preparation, and ensuring delivery against KPIs, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborating with the broader IBM sales ecosystem, from Marketing to Sales and technical colleagues, to IBM Business Partners, to build sales campaigns and incremental pipeline.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record of success in technology sales, with emphasis on new client acquisition.
- Demonstrable application of business and commercial acumen, communicated at all levels, to show the operational impact and financial value of technological solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that are equally engaging, compelling, and influential.
- You are a self-starter who's curious and not afraid of a challenge while challenging others around you.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Industry knowledge in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients' credible, trusted advisor. Training on IBM's offerings is provided.
- French will be required for any role based in Québec.
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.