Entry-level Quality Engineer (Canada)
City : ,
Category : Technologie et ingénierie
Industry : Technologies de l'information
Employer : Cognizant
Entry Level Quality Engineer - Canada
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong. Join us!
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, quality products are more critical than ever before. Cognizant’s Quality Engineering & Assurance practice partners with you to bolster development initiatives, providing reliable support across a range of hardware and software, testing infrastructure, and testing products that ensure automated test coverage and drive product quality.
- Know your customer: understand processes and how the software being tested impacts the client’s business
- Identify right bugs to fix and reject the ones that would put client’s end customers at risk
- Map processes to your testing methodology
- Work with Analysts, Developers, and PM teams to identify what needs to be tested in existing or new features of the software product
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release
- Ability to objectively review and qualify objective data
- Become a ‘future focused’ quality assurance (QA) leader: develop a good understanding of rising trends in the QA industry (QE, DevOps, Agile QA & Digital) and apply these technologies to your client’s QA environment
- Gain knowledge of the architecture – code structure, underlying database, and interactions with other software
- Find new and innovative ways of breaking the software using automated and manual tests
- Learn new tools/technologies to automate tests, such as Selenium, Tosca, Cucumber Java, and Python
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems
- Understanding fundamentals of software development process and importance of quality management and processes
- Hands on proven development experience in Omni, Selenium, Python, JAVA, .NET (C#), C++, or equivalent programming languages
- Actively participate in developing sophisticated applications involving innovative technology and frameworks
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
What we offer
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change, or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to flourish on a high caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We believe hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this is a hybrid position requiring 3 days a week in a client or Cognizant office. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a healthy work-life balance though our various wellbeing programs.
Candidates will be deployed to Cognizant office(s) in Toronto, ON or Halifax, NS where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these major geographic areas. While we will attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine final location assignment.
Quality Engineers will start in three cohorts; January, June, or August 2024. If your offer is for January, we will communicate your exact start date at the time of offer. While we will attempt to honor candidate summer start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact summer start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jan 05 2024
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.