ENI 67 ~ Security Manager (Contractor)
City : Vaughan, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 409017
Expertech Network Installation is a major network infrastructure service provider for the wireline and wireless broadband technology market and employs over 840 experts: managers, technicians and administrative staff in Quebec and Ontario.
The Expertech team is responsible for provisioning Bell Canada’s network, ensuring the job is completed on time, within budget, and to the customer’s quality standards. Expertech is Bell’s single point of contact in meeting their customer provisioning service needs while adding value through an experienced and dedicated workforce.
Expertech’s highly skilled professional and technical staff, combined with the constant drive to innovate and improve our processes, enables Expertech to present superior solutions to Bell and Bell Aliant customers.
- Hybrid position and work location can be either Barrie or Toronto Ontario.
- Define and implement network solutions to mitigate security risks.
- Provides 3rd level support of the Expertech network.
- Work with network team to remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Assist in new technology selection and validation, and their introduction in production environment.
- Participate in the network security capacity planning and technology lifecycle of security network elements.
- Define and provide systems performance key indicators, and lead initiatives to improve network security quality.
- Define and document network security elements standard configuration.
- Identify and prime opportunities to implement virtual network security devices.
- Provide technical support to Helpdesk staff.
- Installs, configures, monitors, and proactively maintains and upgrades network hardware and software including but not limited to the upgrade of operating systems, the installation of service packs and the upgrade of application software, as required.
- Support continuous improvement as part of daily work priorities.
Required Competencies/Essential skills
- 5 years relevant experience in Networking technologies.
- Must have working experience with PaloAlto or Fortinet firewalls.
- Ability to analyze IT solutions and technology infrastructure in order to identify and assess security vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
- Technical expertise in the administration of Microsoft Networks and their components and peripherals (particularly Windows 2022, Proxy, Cluster).
- A good understanding of network LAN/WAN protocols and troubleshooting methods.
- Skilled at grasping complex technical topics with an analytical mind.
- Good written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Sharp sense of project coordination and planning of activities.
- Ability to research and resolve issues or vulnerabilities independently.
- Autonomy and very well organized.
- Ability to write and edit documentation on technical subjects.
- Nice to have Cisco WAF and ESA experience.
- Nice to have F5 load balancing experience.
- Nice to have Nutanix experience.
- Nice to have Algosec firewall analyzer experience.
- Nice to have Veritas NetBackup experience.
- Nice to have Symantec Endpoint Encryption.
- Nice to have Linux experience.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Contractor
Job Status: Contractor
Position Level: Contractor
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Vaughan
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/02/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Vaughan