City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry.
Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals in the Energy Transition space who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the core of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality.
We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As Engineering Manager, you would be responsible and accountable for the performance of your engineering team, for the delivery of engineering to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could lead the multi-disciplined engineering team for small to large-sized, portions of or entire mega-sized EPC or EPCM projects in home office, as well as in the field.
The purpose of this position is to provide the execution leadership, essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific scope and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases.
• Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and developing the most cost- effective total project solution
• Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Fluor’s quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline man hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function
• Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability
• Other duties as assigned