City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Engineering
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Sherritt is a world leader in the mining and refining of nickel and cobalt – metals essential for the growing adoption of electric vehicles. Sherritt’s Technologies group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource-based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value. Sherritt is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba.
Across all of our operations, safety is our top priority and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We offer a work environment where team members are truly valued, and have what they need to thrive in their role and make a meaningful impact.
An exciting opportunity exists at our Metals Division, in Fort Saskatchewan, for an Electrical Engineer or Technologist. The purpose of this position is to work closely with Maintenance, Operations and other Engineering disciplines in the development of electrical design packages along with construction and commissioning support for small projects and alterations.
This is a junior to intermediate position, working within a team of Electrical Engineers and Technologists.
- Develop engineering design packages for projects following the applicable electrical design standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the design of multi-disciplinary projects to assure fit-for-purpose construction with complete and accurate documentation.
- Complete and contribute to engineering studies related to adopting new technologies, improving reliability, increasing production, and implementing performance improvements.
- Assess field condition of electrical equipment to be replaced or modified to ensure accuracy of documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or Engineering Degree is required
- Eligible for Registration with APEGA or ASET is required
- 3-7 Years of design experience in industrial electrical projects
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and industry best practices
- Demonstrated capability to apply the relevant knowledge and technical skills to problems and identify relevant factors so as to make sound engineering judgement.
- Journeyperson Electrician Certificate and/or experience with field level installations is an asset
- Experience in brown-field operating facility is an asset
- Knowledge of power system, lighting, and heat tracing design would be an asset
- Ability to understand process and mechanical systems would also be considered an asset
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Meaningful learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process