Energy Project Controller
City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Energy Project Controller - ( 2300005G )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Winnipeg office has a need for a Project Controller in a full-time permanent capacity. As Project Controller you will be working closely with the team of Project Managers and Leadership to provide financial and change management support on scope, schedule, and cost throughout the life cycle of projects. As a project controls professional at Stantec, you will utilize your expertise in planning, scheduling, cost controls, communications, and problem solving in a fast-paced, professional environment to assist the team with project delivery and program development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist Project Managers to ensure that Stantec’s project management requirements are being met and that projects are on-track, including compliance with Stantec and ISO standards for Project Management and participation in audits.
- Report to the Business Centre Leadership with regard to project performance, ongoing financial matters and be responsible to ensure that timely invoicing and financial reporting are completed
- Support Project Managers with project management reporting, developing financial percent complete and estimate to complete forecasts, processing change notices and reviewing monthly invoices.
- Assist with setting up new projects
- Support administration and monitoring of project sub-consultant agreements
- Provide general team support / office support functions as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of all phases of project controls concepts
- Understanding of project accounting
- Understanding of principles and methods related to Earned Value Management
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, organize, set priorities, and make timely decisions
- Self-motivated, proactive individual with a strong work ethic, capable of prioritizing and communicating to multiple groups
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work demands without compromising accuracy and quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, including attention to detail
- Positive attitude, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Must be proficient in MS Office skills, with advanced skills in MS Excel. Experience with Financial/Cost systems (Oracle, Prolog, etc.), and Scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera) is preferred
- Prior work in project controls / project assistant role is a plus
- Engineering industry experience preferred.
Education and Experience
- Two-year business or related degree preferred with minimum of 1 year appropriate course work in project management, accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing financial analysis, cost management, scheduling and other project controls functions over the life of a project
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Stantec is utilizing a flexible workplace strategy where working from home on a part-time basis may be permitted.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 16, 2023, 9:48:02 AM
Req ID: 2300005G
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans