Employment Specialist, Canada
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Employment Specialist, Canada - ( 230002SO )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Team (FST) includes Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Human Resources.
The Canada (CA) Employment Specialist, Global HR Projects & Compliance – HR Talent Services, is responsible for providing CA specific subject matter expertise on employment compliance. Responsible for the delivery and oversight of resources and tools to support compliance related policies and practices. Under the direction of the CA/US Manager this position collaborates with HR Client Services, HR Services, other Talent Services teams and key FST stakeholders (including Payroll and Risk Management) to facilitate accurate guidance and support project and process direction related to compliance with employment legislation and internal business standards.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts and maintains research on employment legislation. Remains current on changing employment legislation in Canada.
- Under the direction of the US/CA Manager supports business and employment projects and programs.
- Responsible for identifying, researching and analyzing legislation to support, recommend and determine employment and compliance initiatives and direction to create and update employment policies and practices.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining supporting processes, resources and tools for HR Client Services regarding employment compliance related policies and practices.
- Consulting and delivering training for HR Services and Client Services practitioners.
- Provides guidance to and consults with HR Client Services on legislative requirements in Canada that impact employment and business practices and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of HR leading edge best practices and brings forward recommendations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In-depth knowledge on employment legislation in Canada with experience researching legislation, reviewing facts and providing preliminary assessments
- Client-focused with the ability to build strong and productive business relationships
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow compliance laws and regulations
- Proactive, positive, and solutions focused
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources, or a related field required
- Minimum of 10 years of HR Business Partner or related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- SPHR, CPHR, or HR certification preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1197 Human Resources-Talent Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 13, 2023, 5:34:34 AM
Req ID: 230002SO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans