Employer Relations Strategist
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6030-Career Development Centre
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: EMPLOYER RELATIONS STRATEGIST
Reporting to Director, Career Development Centre, this position is responsible developing and implement aing comprehensive and sustainable employer relations engagement strategy in support of KPU programs and initiatives that drive student and alumni employment success. The role conducts industry research, including analysis of current and anticipated labour market trends, to promote successful transition into employment after graduation. The Strategist uses best practices to elevate KPU’s profile within the external community through hosting and participating in events, and collaborating with strategic partners to advance a competitive edge for KPU students in the workforce.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or Entrepreneurial-related discipline or related field plus minimum three years’ sales and marketing experience in a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ leadership and supervisory experience, including completion of performance evaluations, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in direct sales and promotion to existing and potential clients.
- Demonstrated experience at an intermediate skills level in computing and internet applications including Windows environment, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email web browser.
- Intermediate skills level and experience with contact management systems and/or relational databases. Working knowledge of Symplicity preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and provide exceptional customer service to, all internal and external stakeholders, including corporate and industry existing and potential partners, employers, community organizations, University administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Expert oral and written communication, including the ability to quickly build rapport with others, as well as confidence in conducting presentations to small and large groups (30+).
- Knowledge and understanding of current BC industry and labour market trends, in addition to ability to source key corporate, industry and community local events for CDC participation.
- Demonstrated ability to create a business plan, strategies, and new program initiatives in collaboration with CDC leadership and internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and inclusively to coordinate projects and initiatives among various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and/or direct experience with Co-operative Education, Career Services or other work/career-related programs, including complexity of Co-op and non-Co-op programs to inform discussion with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant labour market recruitment and ethical work principles, in addition to best practices and standards.
- Proven ability to display initiative, discretion and meet changing priorities, work on multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and make responsible decisions.
- Must be able to work on multiple campuses, with flexibility for evening and weekend work.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
click here for a more detailed job description
Hybrid schedule of 3 days/week on campus, 2 days remote (work from home).
salary range of $53,847 – $60,164
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.