Employee Enablement Specialist, Capital Markets Technology
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175360
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
GTRE-Global Trading & Risk Engineering is the fast-moving, award-winning technology engine that powers Scotiabank’s Corporate and Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets businesses. We are looking for a Employee Enablement Specialist.
What is the opportunity?
Do you thrive on developing strategic and creative insights to solve organization complex challenges? Are you a talented, motivated and ambitious individual who is skilled in entering new environments and bringing people and teams together while driving to execute on organization strategies and driving efficiency in the day to day operations of your colleagues?
Global Trading & Risk Engineering (“GTRE”), is looking for a creative, quick-learning and self-starting individual with a combination of strategic thinking and execution, strategic workforce planning experience, operational efficiency, financial and business acumen who can develop, implement and manage multiple key initiatives for the team.
As an Employee Enablement Specialist, no two days are ever the same and you would be partnering with internal and external teams to help deliver on initiatives that has an impact across the department (500+ staff). The successful candidate will contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
No two days are ever the same, but here is a sample of some of the programs you would be running in this role –
- Developing executive presentations and managing/leading leadership meetings, off-sites, town halls
- Work with leaders across the organizations to ensure effective staff participations on key initiatives
- Leading employee focus groups
- Running facilitation sessions for multiple teams within the department
- Collaborating with HR on driving the recruitment strategy for GTRE and bringing in the best talent
- Building out a new staff onboarding program
- Employee engagement initiatives
- Support on managing the content/material of team newsletters
- Retention and Development program for staff – i.e. networking session, job exchange programs
- Diversity and Inclusion programs – i.e. Women in Tech; mentorship programs etc.
- Change management initiatives
- Operational improvements on areas that needs attention – i.e. release management cycles, Contingent workforce program etc.
Who would be great for this role?
- You would like to make a difference in an organization that wants their staff to feel they are part of a community.
- You are genuinely passionate about working with people and strive to make people comfortable in sharing their challenges with you.
- You want to come up with ideas and strategies that would have organizational wide impact.
- You want to tackle problems and come up with solutions that you can execute end to end.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant business experience, ideally in the financial services or consulting sector
- 2+ years experience in a management consulting or corporate setting with program/project management experience and building presentation material to be presented to senior leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication across a variety of audiences
- Can work in an extremely dynamic and fast changing environment and analyzing/solving complex business problems
- Working knowledge of Agile Project Management, Risk Management and Change Management skills
- Advanced PowerPoint/Excel/Visio skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Access, JIRA, Confluence is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.