City : CAN - QC - Québec
Category : EMCI-Domestic Emergency Response
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Emergency Nurse
Employment status: Casual (37.5 hours per week)
Salary band: 23.50/h - $51/h (according to provincial rates) + remote work premium $10/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking Emergency Nurses to join our Emergency Response team in Nunavik.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
As an Emergency Nurse you will mostly work in a remote setting in collaboration with another fellow healthcare practitioner and will provide daily healthcare (variety of cases going from low to high severity)
In this role, you will:
- Provide health services in a walk-in clinic and perform rounds of observation in the community
- Pregnancy monitoring (support in delivery room, pre and post-natal monitoring, newborn tests)
- Chronic disease monitoring
- Distribution of medication
- Public health operations (health screen, immunization, birth control)
- Routine care (tests, bandages, injections, blood sampling)
- Facility & stock management
What we are looking for:
- License in nursing with a minimum of 3 years post qualification clinical experience
- Experience in an emergency setting is required
- Current active licensure in good standing with a Canadian provincial college of nursing regulatory body
- Active CPR certification
- English and French is a must, ability to work in both languages in a clinical setting is required.
- Strong communication, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills for work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary context
- In this position, deployments will take place in remote and isolated locations in Northern Quebec
- The deployments will take place on rotations of 2 to 4 consecutive weeks.
- This position may be difficult and demanding both physically and psychologically. The ability to work in a high risk, fluid, and evolving situation may be required, as is the ability to work in stressful long hours and often ambiguous conditions
- Ability and willingness to reside in basic accommodations
- Possibility of being on call outside of working hours when on site
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.