Embedded C/C++ Software Dev Student
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Position: Embedded C/C++ Software Dev Student
Duration: 4 months+
Date: Jan 8, 2024 to April 26, 2024
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks, and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
A candidate for a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer science, Systems Design, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Innovate alongside our best engineers on projects where you will apply your academic knowledge to solve real-world problems
- Assist in refining customer requirements (where appropriate),
- Design, develop, and deliver C/C++ software to enhance or complement Nokia’s product family.
- Be provided the mentor and project; you deliver the code.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- High potential software skills:
- Proficiency in C/C++ is preferred
- Experience with Python/Perl/Linux is an asset
- Knowledge of networking/communications is desirable
- Knowledge of embedded/real-time software/operating systems is helpful
- You bring the passion; we will teach the networking skills
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op/Internship: During your placement, you will be able to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Winter 2024!